For some high-quality condoms in the world, check out this list of top Japanese condom brands and you won’t go back to normal brands again!
Condoms are the easiest and quickest contraceptive you can just pick off the shelf in your local drugstore. At some point or the other, we’ve all had terrible experiences with condoms, be it the size, the thickness, the way it feels or the smell.
Which is the top Japanese condom Brand?
Having tried out several Japanese condom brands, I can safely say that Okamoto 004 Aloe Almost Nothing is the Top Japanese Condom Brand.
Okamoto is a very popular Japanese condom brand as it offers several types of condom. The most popular one is the Okamoto 004 Aloe Almost Nothing condoms are super thin and come heavily lubricated with aloe vera infused water based lubricant. Besides giving you the best protection, these are also very safe for women who have sensitive skin.
Who doesn’t love a condom that is thin, lighter than air, yet gives you the best protection. Japan, known for all things sensual and delicate, also makes some of the best condoms in the world.
- Related: Japan Love Hotels
Check out below for my reviews of the Top Japanese Condom Brands:
Top Japanese Condom Brands: Quick Summary
|Top Japanese Condom Brands||Key Feature|
|OKAMOTO 004||Classic straight shaped with reservoir tip|
|Kimono Microthin||No irritating smell or fragrance|
|Kimono Microthin Ribbed||Super thin condoms|
|Beyond Seven Studded Condoms||Made from natural rubber latex|
|Shibari Premium Lubricated Latex Condoms||Heavily lubricated|
|004 Aloe Almost Nothing Condom||Ultra thin and transparent texture|
|CROWN Condoms||Classic, straight walled condoms|
|Kimono Microthin with Aqua Lube||Durable and strong material|
|Kimono Microthin XL Extra Large||45% thinner than most popular Western condom brands|
|Crown Assorted Colors Condoms||Strong and durable condoms|
Best Japanese Condom Brands
Okamoto is one of the most popular and most preferred brands of condoms in Japan. The okamoto 004 is priced on the higher side, but what you’re paying for is for super thin condoms that don’t feel like you’re wearing one, made of premium quality latex.
This is the basic classic shape with a reservoir tip. The condom is lightly lubricated, just right to get started and into action. These condoms are designed to fit medium sized men, of length 5 to 6 inches.
- The material this is made from is natural rubber latex
- Very thin condom
- Premium quality, strong condoms
- Lightly lubricated
- Medium sized
- Classic straight shaped with reservoir tip
- Super thin, feels like you’re wearing nothing
- Not suitable for very large men, over the size of 6 inches
Another popular condom brand in Japan is Kimono. For some real sensual pleasure, try the Kimono Microthin, which, true to its name, is indeed ultra thin.
These condoms are made from latex and are supposed to be 20% thinner than leading western condom brands. The microthin range has condoms that are classic, straight walled with the reservoir tip. They are also transparent to give you the sense that the wearer isn’t really wearing protection.
- Ultra thin condoms
- 20% thinner than many leading western condom brands
- Transparent and sheer in appearance
- Lightly lubricated
- Premium quality latex material is used in manufacturing the condoms
- Classic design with straight walls and a reservoir tip
- The totally transparent walls of the condom add to the sensuality and pleasure
- No irritating smell or fragrance
Kimono Microthin Ribbed
If you’ve tried the classic Kimono Microthin and are looking for something more exciting that heightens the pleasure for the woman, you must try the Kimono Microthin Ribbed.
These textured condoms are also super thin, as you can expect from Kimono, but have minute sensory dots on the outside for stimulation during your lovemaking. Even though these condoms are thin, they are strong and very reliable.
- Premium latex material used to manufacture these condoms
- Super thin condoms, 20% thinner than most leading Western condom brands
- Textured on the outside with micro dots for increasing sensory pleasure
- Lightly lubricated
- Meant for medium sized men
- Strong and reliable
- The textured condoms heighten the pleasure of the woman
Beyond Seven Studded Condoms
From the manufacturers of the famous Okamoto condoms, we have another top Japanese condom brand, The Beyond Seven. Made from natural rubber latex, the Beyond Seven condoms are strong and trustworthy.
The “Studded” range comes with condoms that are textured on the outside for more pleasure for the woman. They are also lightly lubricated but you can add another water based lubricant if you desire. These condoms are of standard thickness and length.
- Made from natural rubber latex
- Textured on the outside for increased pleasure for the woman
- Lightly lubricated for ease
- Premium quality
- Strong and reliable condoms
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Not very thin, might feel uncomfortable for those used to super thin condoms
Shibari Premium Lubricated Latex Condoms
A go-to brand of condoms for many Japanese is Shibari. These condoms are made of high quality latex and are well lubricated. They are also nominally priced when compared to the other brands, making this a popular option.
They are quite thin, though not comparable to ultra thin condoms. These condoms are strong and reliable, and designed to fit medium length and medium girth. These condoms with a classic straight walled design come with a mild fragrance.
- Made from strong, high quality natural rubber latex material
- Heavily lubricated
- Medium thin, classic, straight walled design with a reservoir tip
- Fits medium length and medium girth
- Has a mild fragrance
- Good condoms for teenagers or those new to sex
- Nominal price for high quality condoms
004 Aloe Almost Nothing Condom
For the best sex you can ever have, the right condoms play an important role. And the condom having the right kind of lubrication is even more important.
Okamoto 004’s Aloe Almost Nothing Condom feels like you’re wearing nothing with its sheer thin texture, yet gives you the protection and peace of mind you need. These condoms are also coated with aloe vera infused water based lubricant which is smooth, gentle on her body and adds to the pleasure without the disgusting smell of many lube brands.
- Made from premium latex material
- Strong and durable condoms
- Ultra thin and transparent texture
- Heavily lubricated with aloe vera infused water based lubricant
- Ideal for women who are allergic to certain kinds of lubricants
- Meant for small sized to medium sized men
- The aloe vera lubricant reduces discomfort and irritation for the woman
Crown brand is one of the most trusted condom brands in Japan and for good reason. These condoms are made with advanced technology, putting the condoms through several testing processes, so what you get are super strong, durable condoms.
Crown basic condoms are also quite thin and give you the most sensitive pleasure you can experience. The condoms are classic shaped and lightly lubricated for your comfort. This is the same brand that manufactures Okamoto as well, so you know you’re signing up for reliability.
- Classic, straight walled condoms
- Made from premium quality natural rubber latex material
- Thin walled condoms
- Lightly lubricated
- Strong and durable
- For medium sized men
- The light lubrication and the smooth, soft texture gives the user a great experience
Kimono Microthin with Aqua Lube
Most condoms are lightly lubricated but sometimes you need a little extra lubricant to get things going. Kimono Microthin takes care of your needs with the Aqua Lube condoms.
These condoms heavily coated with water based lubricant for making every lovemaking session a mind blowing one. Like the trademark ultra thin Kimono Microthin condoms, these Aqua Lube ones are also super thin, feel like you’re not wearing a condom and overall, very impressive.
- Ultra thin condoms that are 20% more sheer than many Western brands
- Made from premium quality rubber latex material
- Durable and strong material
- Heavily lubricated with water based lubricant
- Safe and comfortable for the person being penetrated
- Water based lubricant coating the condoms is safe even on the most sensitive skin
Kimono Microthin XL Extra Large
While most of the condoms on this list is for normal or medium sized men, Kimono Microthin does make condoms for extra large men as well.
The Kimono Microthin XL Extra Large is the right fit for men who measure over 6 inches, so you don’t have to struggle with condoms that are too tight. These condoms go through heavy testing measures before they are passed for quality, so you know you’re in good hands.
- Super thin condoms, 45% thinner than most popular Western condom brands
- Product goes through 5X testing procedure
- Adheres to international quality standards
- Has a 56mm base to fit extra large penises
- No unpleasant smell
Crown Assorted Colors Condoms
When there’s so much colour everywhere, why should your condoms be a boring white or simply colourless and transparent? I know for a fact that certain colours turn on people and if you’re one of those, take advantage of the Crown Assorted Colors condoms. These have the same strength and durability as the regular, uber thin Crown standard condoms.
- Made from natural rubber latex material
- Strong and durable condoms, tested for strength
- Coloured condoms
- Ultra thin to increase sensitivity and sensuality
- Comes in fun colours like pink, red, blue, green and yellow to suit your mood
Japanese Condom Sizes
When it comes to condoms, size does matter. Western sizes are a little different from Japanese sizes in terms of girth. Condoms in the west are usually 54-55 mm while Japanese condoms are usually 52-53 mm.
You can check your size with measuring tape or buy a few sample pieces and try them. It’s always better to try on because you’ll know better on how they feel and if they’re working out for you or not.
Top Japanese Condoms Brands: FAQ
Why are Japanese condoms so good?
Japanese condoms are good because they are ultra thin. Most of them are 20-30% thinner than western condoms. Japanese condoms are highly lubricated and also made with natural latex material.
Which are the main condom brands in Japan?
Some of the main condom brands in Japan are Okamoto, Crown, Sagami, Jex as well as Kimono.
Where to shop and what are the prices of condoms in Japan?
You can shop for condoms online on Amazon.com and Amazon Japan. Other than that, all the Japanese drugstores have condoms. Some will be in the men’s sections while others might keep them in the first aid section.
You can also find them in sex goods store like Don Quijote around love hotel areas. Some pharmacies also have a condom vending machine in Harajuku. It costs about ¥300~¥500 for a pack of 3 while a box of 10 might cost ¥500~¥1300 depending on the brand.
- Here are amazing Japanese whiskey brands you have to try!
- Love beer? You’ll love these Japanese beer brands then. Check it out!
Hiya! I’m the main author of Japan Truly. I love everything Japan and love testing out Japanese products, be it skincare and makeup or gadgets! You’ll find reviews of some of the best selling Japanese products (tried and tested) right here!
Check out the Top Japanese Condom Brands, a list of the best condoms available in Japan. They're ultra thin, highly lubricated and really pleasurable. Do check out Okamoto which is the best in the list. Read further to know more.
Product SKU: BGH03759837593
Product Brand: Okamoto
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 24.99
Price Valid Until: 2021
Product In-Stock: InStock