Want to know about the Shiseido hair straightening cream review? Read my Shiseido hair straightening cream review to find out more about its amazing features and how it can help you achieve the sleek, straight hairstyle that you desire!
Only those with curly or wavy hair know the burden of maintaining thick textured locks. To experience what it must feel like to have straight hair, people with wavy hair like me have to resort to hair straightening creams.
After much research, I came across a Japanese cosmetic brand called Shiseido which had hair straightening creams that were in high demand. So I decided to use them to analyze which Shiseido straightening cream did a better job at straightening my hair.
I’ve also included a simple guide on how to apply the products and precautions you should be aware of before applying below.
|Shiseido Hair Straightening Creams||ベスト・フォー||アマゾンでチェックする|
|Shiseido Crystallizing Straight For Natural to Sensitized Hair||Natural, tinted, fine, permed, and wavy hair||Check it out on amazon|
|Hair Rebonding Shiseido Professional Crystallizing Hair Straightener + Neutralizing Emulsion For Resistant to Natural Hair||Wavy, resistant, medium-coarse, and curly hair (3A to 3C curls)||Check it out on amazon|
|Shiseido Crystallizing Straight Express Processing For Healthy Hair||Very coarse, high resistant, curly hair (4A to 4C curls)||Check it out on amazon|
Shiseido Crystallizing Straight For Natural To Sensitized Hair
Shiseido Crystallizing Straight is a hair straightening cream for naturally wavy, curly, tinted, and medium-resistant hair. I bought this straightening cream on Amazon and the Shiseido neutralizing cream came in tow.
Both the straightening and neutralizing creams weighed 400 g each and they cost me $44.50. Like most hair-straightening creams, these came in plastic bags with tightly closed lids.
I preferred using the Shiseido straightening creams for natural hair initially because my hair is wavy and relatively thick. The straightening cream and neutralizer had a smooth consistency and thus were convenient to apply.
After the application of the creams, I rinsed my hair thoroughly and blow-dried it, followed by using a flat iron to straighten my hair.
I must admit that I was indeed bewildered by the results. Every hair strand was perfectly straight and soft to the touch. I could even use my fingers to run through my locks and perform any twisted hairstyles.
My hair texture remained straight and flat for nearly 3 months but as my natural hair grew it looked more prominent than my straightened strands. The only downside was my hair became thin and was very dehydrated.
- Ideal for wavy, curly, and tinted hair
- Lasts up to 3-4 months
- Makes hair tender, flat, and manageable
- Doesn’t strip off hair from natural oils
- Adds sheen to the locks
- May make hair dryer
- Can cause hair to become thin and lose its natural volume
Hair Rebonding Shiseido Professional Crystallizing Hair Straightener + Neutralizing Emulsion For Resistant to Natural Hair
This Shiseido Professional Crystallizing Hair Straightening cream comes with a neutralizing emulsion and these products are specifically aimed at coarse and curly hair. If you have type 3A to 3C curls then this is the ideal straightening cream for you.
What’s interesting is this hair straightening cream is concocted with hyaluronic acid, so you won’t be left with dry and brittle hair after the treatment. They come in plastic packs and weigh a total of 800 g.
Following the previous straightening treatment, my locks grew out quite thick, thus I used the hair rebonding Shiseido hair straightener and neutralizing emulsion which I found on Amazon for $46.
Going along with the drill, and using a flat iron to straighten my locks longer than I should’ve, I ultimately ended up with pencil-thin strands.
I love how my hair felt silky, and light, and I could go all day with loose hairstyles not worrying about frizz. Not to mention the gleam present on my locks after the treatment and the easy maintenance of perfectly straight hair.
However, I did experience moderate hair fall which is the case with most hair straightening creams. In addition, my hair texture was extremely slim after this treatment since these straightening products were aimed at very coarse hair and not average wavy hair.
The results definitely did last longer than the previous straightening cream so that’s a plus.
- Reasonable price
- Specifically formulated for coarse hair (3A to 3C curls)
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid
- Straightens hair intensely by making the strands very slim
- Lasts up to 5-6 months
- Adds a glossy finish to the locks
- Not ideal for fine and wavy hair
- Can cause hair fall and thinning if treatment persists longer
Shiseido Crystallizing Straight Express Processing For Healthy Hair
This is the final Shiseido straightening cream in the basket and I tried it out too. The Shiseido Crystallizing Straight Express straightening cream is boosted with hyaluronic acid to keep your locks hydrated and it’s accompanied by a neutralizer which is effective in reconstructing your hair and giving it a straight and flat appearance.
The Crystallizing Straight Express straightening cream is particularly targeted at those with extremely resistant and voluminously curly hair.
Both the straightening cream and neutralizer are packed in plastic packs and are comparatively pricey to other Shiseido straightening creams.
These products are highly concentrated and hence don’t suit my hair type. I didn’t use a flat iron to straighten my hair during the treatment yet my locks still turned out to be wafer-thin. Adversely I experienced substantial shedding as well.
However, my friend with 4B curls used these straightening creams and saw positive outcomes. They were efficacious on her high-resistant locks thus I figured these products were only meant for profoundly thick and curly hair.
If your hair falls under any of the 4A to 4C curly hair categories, then the Shiseido Crystallizing Straight Express Processing creams would do a great job at uncoiling your locks.
- Suitable for thick textured and high-resistant curly hair
- Penetrates the lock’s outer layer by reconstructing hair’s texture
- Makes hair super smooth and vibrant
- Hair becomes lightweight and easier to manage
- Lasts up to 6 months
- Contains hyaluronic acid hence preventing hair from drying
- Highly concentrated formula
- Not suitable for most hair types
- May cause hair fall
- Can cause excessive thinning in average hair textures
Things You Need Before Using Shiseido Hair Straightening Treatment
Here are a few things you’ll need for the hair straightening procedure
- Disposable gloves
- Plastic container
- Wide-toothed comb
- Brush for application
- Hair dryer
- Flat iron
Before starting off with the straightening process make sure to check your hair texture because each Shiseido hair straightening cream is aimed at distinct hair textures.
This procedure isn’t suitable for those who have bleached or very fine hair. In fact, if you suffer from hair loss then it’s best you refrain from attempting this hair straightening treatment.
How To Use Shiseido Hair Straightening Cream?
To make it convenient for first-timers I’ve segregated the entire procedure into 4 parts and I’ve shared some hacks that can come in handy during the treatment.
- Do An Allergy Test
- It’s advisable to carry out an allergy test before you kick off the process. Wear your gloves and dab a little bit of the straightening cream on a small portion of your hair and leave it on for 10 minutes. If you experience any irritation or if your hair turns frizzy then immediately wash it off and withhold the treatment. Otherwise, you’re good to go.
- Application of the straightening cream
- Section your locks and apply the straightening cream equally on all parts except the roots and scalp. You can leave about 1-inch space from the roots and apply it from upwards to downwards of your strands.
- Don’t apply the cream excessively because it may drip off of your hair.
- If you have very long hair then it’s best to get assistance from someone to ensure all parts of your hair are covered with the cream.
- The duration of leaving the cream on your hair depends on your hair texture. If you have damaged/fine hair leave it on for 15 minutes, 20 minutes for medium-coarse hair, and 30 minutes for high-resistant hair.
- Comb your hair every 10 minutes to ensure the cream is transferred across the strands. Don’t comb hair from the roots but from the applied parts.
- You can opt to blow dry your hair if you wish for the cream to dry quickly.
- After passing the specified duration of leaving the cream based on your hair texture you can wash off your hair.
- Washing Your Hair
- Wash your hair thoroughly under lukewarm water and ensure there’s no residue left behind. Don’t use shampoo or conditioners when rinsing the cream.
- After washing, drain off the water and blow dry your hair completely while using a comb to keep your locks in place.
- Once dried you can choose to use a flat iron to straighten your hair which is known as the hard rebonding method. By doing so your hair will become extremely straight. If you don’t use a flat iron your hair will still retain some of its natural texture.
- When ironing your hair keep the temperature between 150-200. If you have fine hair keep the temperature at 160 and a higher temperature if you have thicker hair.
- Don’t place the iron on the hair for more than 3 seconds as it’s prone to damage your hair.
- Application of the neutralizer
1. Once your hair is completely dry or straightened, apply the neutralizer on all parts of your hair and leave it for about 15 minutes. Comb your hair every 5 minutes. Make sure you cover all parts of your hair with a neutralizer because this is what reconstructs your hair texture and makes it straight.
2. Wash your hair under lukewarm water and you can use a shampoo to only wash your scalp but not your hair.
3. Blow dry your hair again and brush your hair gently.
Following the treatment, your hair will be super straight and flat. Don’t wash your hair and refrain from using a band/clip for 3 days just to ensure the straightness remains on your locks. You can use a hair serum or mask to hydrate your hair until you shower again.
I was honestly astonished by the results displayed after using the Shiseido Crystallizing Straight For Natural to Sensitized Hair cream.
It was the only straightening cream to grant me the desired results on my locks since I had wavy hair.
While the other straightening creams didn’t work quite well on my hair, it’s bound to suit the hair type it’s intended for since Shiseido hair straightening creams are renowned to provide efficacious results.