Constantly dealing with that annoying muscular pain? Try out these best Japanese pain patches that can help you get rid of that ache in a jiffy without you having to swallow down some pills.
These pain patches are safe to use, give you fantastic relief and the best part is that they don’t have any side effects, unlike many oral painkillers.
Which is the best Japanese pain patch?
I tried several Japanese pain patches and rated them based on pain relief, type, how long it lasts, application. I found that Salonpas lidocaine is the best Japanese pain patch.
Salonpas lidocaine contains 4% lidocaine that numbs the pain in the area applied. This Japanese pain patch offers temporary relief. It’s a gel type pain patch that feels comfortable on the skin and gives relief from pain for upto 10 to 12 hours.
Top Japanese Pain Patches
|Best Japanese Pain Patches||Best for||Link|
|Salonpas lidocaine (3 pack)||Longer pain relief||View On Amazon|
|Salonpas Pain Relieving Patches||Sprains, Muscle Pain||View On Amazon|
|Nichiban Roihi-tsuboko Pain Relief Patches||Chronic Pain||View On Amazon|
|Pipp Eleciban||Relieving stiffness||View On Amazon|
|Hot Refenda Patches||Chronic aches||View On Amazon|
|Salonpas Pain Relieving Hot Gel-Patch||Reducing inflammation, Swelling||View On Amazon|
|Salonpas Pain Relief – Patches Large||Long lasting pain relief, upto 12 hours||View On Amazon|
|Salonpas-Hot Capsicum Patch||Back, shoulder, thighs, immediate pain relief||View On Amazon|
|ROIHI-TSUBOKO Cool-Type Plaster||Sudden aches, stiffness||View On Amazon|
#1 — Salonpas Lidocaine Pain Relief Patch
Best Japanese Pain Patches For Longer pain relief
All over Japan, there are two brands of pain relief patches that are super famous. Salonpas is one of those brands and it’s easy to see why.
The huge variety of pain patches by Salonpas caters to just about every type of pain relief you might need.
The Lidocaine pain relief patch uses 4% of the anesthesia to numb the area and get rid of the pain.
This has a gel-like consistency inside the patch which makes it very comfortable on the skin.
- Contains 4% lidocaine as the active ingredient to numb the area of pain
- Offers immediate temporary relief from pain
- Gel type of patch that feels comfortable on the skin
- Offers relief for at least 10 to 12 hours
#2 — Salonpas Pain Relieving Patches
Best Japanese Pain Patches For Sprains, Muscle Pain
Try the Salonpas Pain Relieving patches for temporary relief from sprains, muscular aches, and pain due to fatigue.
It is small in size and can be used for smaller areas. This is a patch you will forget you are wearing as it made out of flexible fabric and with rounded corners.
The patch contains camphor, menthol and methyl salicylate, three very effective topical pain relievers.
- Contains menthol, methyl salicylate and camphor as its active ingredients
- These ingredients are efficient pain relievers
- Ideally to be used for relieving sore muscles, arthritis, stiff backs and joint pains
- For smaller areas of pain
- Rounded edges and flexible, stretchy fabric offer comfort
- Strong adhesive backing, easy to peel off and stick on
- Offers pain relief for upto 8 hours
#3 — Nichiban Roihi-tsuboko Pain Relief Patches
Best Japanese Pain Patches For Chronic Pain
Nichiban Roihi-tsuboko is another big seller in Japan as well as in other places where pain patches are sold. Roihi-tsuboko comes in two types, a hot and a cold.
We have featured both on our list, but let’s start with the hot pain relief patches. The best thing about these patches is the shape.
They are round and small in size, perfect for applying them on specific parts instead of a whole area. They are very powerful and work much better than the ointment.
- Round in shape and small in size
- Perfect for targeting specific pain points
- Very powerful and offers immediate relief
- Use for chronic pain
- Not meant for sensitive skin as it is very strong. Can cause itching and redness
- Available in packs of multiple numbers according to your need
#4 — Pip Eleciban Magnetic Pain Relief Patch
Best Japanese Pain Patches For Relieving stiffness
The next Japanese pain patch to feature on our list is very different from the ones you usually come across.
The Pip Eleciban Magnetic pain relief patch contains a magnet and uses that energy to help the blood circulate, getting rid of the pain in your body.
It works especially when you have stiffness from holding a position for too long, like doing the same job, sitting at one place all day long.
The magnet works until it wears out and the adhesive is quite strong too.
- Uses magnetism to get the blood circulation going
- Magnet and adhesive are very strong and work for many days
- Reusable magnet
- Helps relieve stiffness, sprains and muscular aches
- Round in shape and easy to apply to targeted pain points
#5 — Hot Refenda Patches
Best Japanese Pain Patches For Chronic aches
Refanda pain relief patches are available in both hot and cool types. We feature the hot on our list for relief from chronic pain.
This is a great choice for those who struggle with constant knee pain, arthritis and stiffness in the joints. It contains pure capsicum extract that produces the heat required to heal you of your aches.
This is not very strong and is ideal if you don’t want something very strong.
- Hot pain patches for immediate relief from chronic aches, sprains and stiffness
- The patch is stretchable, easy to peel and stick on
- Contains capsicum extract for the warmth required
- Is gentle and mild on the body and skin
- Can be used even by sensitive skin types as it is not very strong
#6 — Salonpas Pain Relieving Hot Gel-Patch
Best Japanese Pain Patches For Reducing Inflammation, Swelling
The Hot Gel patch by Salonpas is what you should use if you want relief from constant pain like arthritis, backaches, sprains and strains.
It contains capsicum extracts and menthol to produce the heat and reduce inflammation of the muscles.
Since it is a gel patch, it is super comfortable when you want to use it the whole day.
- The active ingredients in the hot patch are capsicum extracts and menthol
- They produce heat in the pad, keeping the area applied to, warm
- Menthol brings down inflammation in the area and reduces swelling
- Capsicum extract makes the area hot and feels like a gentle massage for relieving pain
- Good adhesive that is easy to apply, and holds on
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
#7 — Salonpas Pain Relief Patches Large
Best Japanese Pain Relief For Long-lasting pain relief
If you have a larger area of pain and you are wondering how many pain patches you have to apply, don’t worry, Salonpas has you covered.
The Large pain relief patches are great for covering a bigger area of your back where you have a lot of stiffness.
These feature similar active ingredients as their smaller counterparts, menthol and methyl salicylate, but in different proportions.
- Contains menthol in 3% strength and methyl salicylate in 10% concentration as the active ingredients
- The pain patch is great for covering larger areas, like your back or thighs
- Gives temporary relief for up to 12 hours
- Strong adhesive backing that stays on until you peel it off
- Comfortable, flexible fabric with rounded edges for feasibility of movement
#8 — Salonpas Hot Capsicum Patch
Best Japanese Pain Patches For Immediate Pain Relief
The Hot Capsicum patch by Salonpas is an extra strong and powerful pain relief patch.
The heat produced is quite intense and offers wonderful relief for those suffering from chronic arthritis, muscle pains, joint stiffness, sprains and muscle fatigue.
This is a large patch that offers more coverage. The fabric is flexible and has holes for easy breathability.
- A powerful and strong patch that gives immediate pain relief
- The primary ingredient is capsicum extract that produces the heat
- Not suitable if you have sensitive skin or if you are allergic to hot pepper extracts, aka, capsaicin
- The size of the patch is large, to be used on larger areas like the shoulders, back and thighs
- The fabric is breathable and can be used without any discomfort for many hours
#9 — ROIHI-TSUBOKO Cool-Type Plaster
Best Japanese Pain Patches For Sudden Aches
As promised, here’s the other pain relief plaster by Nichiban, the ROIHI-TSUBOKO Cool-Type Plaster.
This is a pain patch you can use for those sudden aches and pains, like, say you have overworked your arm or you’ve suddenly sprained an ankle.
This is also round-shaped and elastic like the other Nichiban pain patches and backed with a strong adhesive.
So this is easy to apply and won’t peel off until you choose to remove it.
- Round shaped, elastic and small in size
- Has a strong adhesive
- Ideal for places like on your jawline where a square pain patch might be difficult to be applied on
- Gives the area a cool sensation, helping relieve sudden aches, stiffness and sprains
- Has anti-inflammatory ingredients that bring down redness and swelling
Hisamitsu Feitas 5.0 Pain Relief Patch
The Hisamitsu Feitas 5.0 Pain Relief Patch is a great product for those looking for an effective and convenient way to manage their pain.
The patch contains menthol and methyl salicylate, which work together to provide a soothing and cooling sensation that helps to relieve muscle and joint pain.
What I really like about this pain relief patch is its long-lasting effect. Once applied, the patch can provide relief for up to 8 hours, making it ideal for use throughout the day or overnight.
The patch is also easy to use – simply peel off the backing and apply to the affected area.
Another great feature of the Hisamitsu Feitas 5.0 Pain Relief Patch is its thin and flexible design. The patch is comfortable to wear and can be easily applied to any part of the body, including hard-to-reach areas like the neck or shoulders.
The patch is also sweat-resistant and waterproof, which means it won’t come off during activities like swimming or showering.
Overall, I highly recommend the Hisamitsu Feitas 5.0 Pain Relief Patch to anyone looking for a safe and effective way to manage their pain. Its long-lasting effect, ease of use, and comfortable design make it a great product that delivers on its promises.
The Hisamitsu Feitas 5.0 Pain Relief Patch offers several advantages for those looking to manage their pain:
- Long-lasting relief: The patch provides relief for up to 8 hours, which means it can be used throughout the day or overnight without needing to reapply.
- Convenient to use: The patch is easy to use – simply peel off the backing and apply to the affected area. It can be applied to any part of the body, including hard-to-reach areas.
- Comfortable design: The patch is thin and flexible, which makes it comfortable to wear. It can be easily worn under clothing and won’t restrict movement.
- Waterproof and sweat-resistant: The patch is waterproof and sweat-resistant, which means it won’t come off during activities like swimming or showering.
- Soothing and cooling effect: The patch contains menthol and methyl salicylate, which work together to provide a soothing and cooling sensation that helps to relieve muscle and joint pain.
Overall, the Hisamitsu Feitas 5.0 Pain Relief Patch is a convenient, effective, and comfortable way to manage pain. Its long-lasting relief, ease of use, and waterproof design make it a great choice for those looking to alleviate their pain symptoms.
How To Use A Japanese Pain Patch
Here are some general instructions on how to use a Japanese pain patch:
- Wash and dry the affected area
Before applying the pain patch, make sure to clean the area with soap and water and pat it dry.
- Remove the backing
Peel off the backing from the pain patch to expose the adhesive side.
- Apply the patch
Place the adhesive side of the pain patch onto the affected area and press down firmly to make sure it sticks.
- Wear the patch as directed
Some pain patches can be worn for several hours, while others may need to be changed more frequently. Be sure to read the instructions on the package and follow them carefully.
- Remove the patch:
When it’s time to remove the pain patch, gently peel it off the skin. If it’s difficult to remove, you can try using warm water to help loosen the adhesive.
It’s important to note that different pain patches may have specific instructions for use, so always read the package carefully and follow the instructions provided. Additionally, if you experience any unusual symptoms or side effects while using a pain patch, such as skin irritation or an allergic reaction, stop using it immediately and consult with a healthcare professional.
Types of Japanese pain patches
There are two types of pain patches – a cold one and a hot one. Cold is recommended for sudden pain while hot is recommended for chronic aches and pain. You also have the option of a strong pain patch or a weaker one depending on the type of ingredients in it.
There are various types of Japanese pain relief patches available on the market. Here are some of the most common types:
- Methyl Salicylate Patches: These patches contain methyl salicylate, which is an effective pain reliever that can be absorbed through the skin.
- Capsaicin Patches: These patches contain capsaicin, which is a compound found in chili peppers. Capsaicin has been shown to be effective in relieving pain and reducing inflammation.
- Lidocaine Patches: These patches contain lidocaine, which is a local anesthetic that can help to numb the area and relieve pain.
- Menthol Patches: These patches contain menthol, which has a cooling effect that can help to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
- Camphor Patches: These patches contain camphor, which has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Transdermal Patches: These patches use a special delivery system to deliver pain medication directly through the skin and into the bloodstream. This can provide longer-lasting pain relief than other types of patches.
- TENS Patches: These patches use Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) technology to relieve pain. They work by sending small electrical pulses through the skin to stimulate the nerves and reduce pain.
It’s important to note that different pain relief patches may be more effective for different types of pain, and it’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before using any new pain relief product.
Benefits of Using Japanese Pain Patches
There are several benefits to using Japanese pain patches, including:
- Targeted pain relief: Pain patches are designed to be applied directly to the affected area, providing targeted pain relief where it is needed most.
- Convenience: Pain patches are easy to apply and can be worn discreetly under clothing, allowing you to go about your day without having to worry about taking medication or carrying bulky equipment.
- Non-invasive: Pain patches are non-invasive and do not require needles or other invasive procedures to use, making them a good option for people who are needle-phobic or who are unable to take oral medications.
- Reduced side effects: Because pain patches are applied directly to the skin, they can reduce the risk of systemic side effects that can occur with oral pain medications, such as stomach upset, dizziness, or drowsiness.
- Long-lasting relief: Some pain patches can provide relief for up to 12 hours, allowing you to go about your day without having to constantly reapply medication.
- Variety of options: There are many different types of pain patches available in Japan, each with their own unique combination of pain-relieving ingredients and methods of delivery. This can make it easier to find a pain patch that works well for your specific type of pain.
Overall, pain patches can be a safe and effective way to manage pain, and may be a good option for people who are looking for a convenient and non-invasive alternative to oral medications.