Check out these best Japanese hair straightening products to get sleek, straight, and shiny hair without damage!
I love keeping my straight, frizz-free, and shiny. And Japanese hair straightening products help me keep my hair neat, tamed, and frizz-free at all times. I used to use a lot of heat on my hair to maintain them but soon realized that it dried out my hair and did more than good.
That’s when I started looking for Japanese hair straightening products that can help me maintain straight and smooth hair without causing it damage.
|Best Japanese Hair Straightening Products||Link|
|Shiseido Professional Crystallizing Straightener||View On Amazon|
|Cure Professional One Step Magic Straight||View On Amazon|
|NIGAO Professional Hair Straight Therapy||View On Amazon|
|KINUJO Portable Hair Straightener||View On Amazon|
|Utena Proqualite Hair Straightener||View On Amazon|
If you have curly, wavy or frizzy hair and are looking for hair products that can make sure you have a good hair day everyday then keep reading on to find the best Japanese hair straightening products for you!
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Brushes
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Conditioners
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Products
Which is the best Japanese hair straightening product?
My team and I tested several Japanese hair straightening products based on ingredients, efficacy and after-effect. We found Shiseido Crystellizing Straightner to be the best product.
Shiseido Professional Crystallizing straightener is great for wavy, curly, or frizzy hair. It can permanently straighten your hair until new hair grows back. It gives your hair a neat, smooth, and shiny finish. It also makes your hair soft and look healthy. The Shiseido Professional Crystallizing straightener uses the Crystallizing Straight technique developed by the brand to naturally straighten the hair without causing damage. It contains two pouches – straightener and neutralizer. It’s available for sale on Amazon.
Top Japanese Hair Straightening Products
Akira Cosme Hair Straightener and Curler 2 in 1
The Akira Cosme Hair Straightener is everything you could ask for. It has an innovative design, unlike any other hair straightener.
It’s a ceramic hair straightener that comes with a new feature called the PTC thermostat chip. The thermostat chip only takes 8 seconds to heat up and hence you don’t have to wait longer to straighten your hair.
It provides stable heat and you can see the temperature on the LED screen placed on the straightener. You can change the temperature according to your preferences with ease.
You don’t have to worry about hair damage when using this straightener because it has a built-in ion generator that generates negative ions while heating up.
The negative ions neutralize static electricity and smoothen your hair and prevent split ends. The ceramic is Japanese designed and has faster heat conduction that maintains a long-lasting straight hair.
The Akira Cosme hair straightener is carefully designed to ensure your hair doesn’t break while straightening. The 3D floating plates give you a smooth and glossy finish after straightening.
There’s also a curling option in this straightener and you can use it when necessary. Overall this hair straightener offers you a professional hair straightening result.
- PTC thermostat chips that heat faster
- Temperature can be viewed on an LED screen
- Built-in ion generator that protects your hair from any damage
- Japanese designed ceramic plywood that maintains long-lasting straight hair
- 3D floating plates give smooth and silky hair
- Portable and convenient to use
Related: Best Japanese hair dyes!
LISCIO Crystal Cream Straightener & Neutralizer
Liscio crystal cream straightener is bound to give you the best hair straightening results which you’ll receive from a professional hair salon. Using this product will give permanently straight hair that lasts for up to a year.
If you want it to last longer you can retouch your hair with this crystal cream every 6 months. Liscio is also one of the top professional salon products in Japan. It’s also a product recommended by most salon professionals.
With the Liscio crystal cream straightener, you can achieve three different finishes in your hair. If you have very curly and frizzy hair and want to straighten your hair then this is the ideal product for you.
It works well on all types of hair and gives you smooth, glossy, and bouncy hair. This straightening cream is mild and hence keeps your hair safe and prevents any damages.
How to use it?
- Wash your hair with shampoo and dry it with a towel.
- Comb your hair and apply the straightening cream thoroughly.
- If you have thick hair then leave it on for nearly 45 mins or if you have fine hair leave it for 30 mins.
- Wash your hair properly and towel dry it.
- Use a professional hair straightener and straighten your hair properly.
- Apply neutralizing cream and leave it for 20 mins.
- Rinse your hair with water.
- Blow-dry your hair.
- Straighten it again with a hair straightener.
- Do not apply any hair products on your hair for the next 3-5 days.
- Professional hair straightening cream that gives you permanently straight hair.
- One of the top brands recommended by salon professionals.
- It works well on all types of hair (frizzy, wavy, and curly)
- Formulated with mild agents to protect your hair from any damages
- Gives a long-lasting silky and bouncy finish.
- Retouch is only required every 6 months.
Shiseido Professional Crystallizing Straightener
Best Japanese hair straightening products for coarse hair
Shiseido is a highly-trusted Japanese beauty brand not only in Japan but all over the world. The Shiseido Professional Crystallizing straightener is great for wavy, curly, or frizzy hair. It can permanently straighten your hair until new hair grows back. It gives your hair a neat, smooth, and shiny finish. It also makes your hair soft and look healthy.
The Shiseido Professional Crystallizing straightener uses the Crystallizing Straight technique developed by the brand to naturally straighten the hair without causing damage. It contains two pouches – straightener and neutralizer.
How to use:
- Apply H1 straightener to your hair evenly (except the roots)
- Let it sit at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes
- Rinse it thoroughly with water
- Dry it out
- Use a flat iron or hair straightener to straighten the hair
- Apply the neutralizer (2) evenly from roots to tips
- Let it sit for 20 minutes, comb lightly to ensure that the neautralier is evenly spread
- Rinse with water and dry hair again
- Re-straighten the hair. For a natural finish, curl inwards slightly towards the end
- Do not wash or apply any hair products for the next 2-3 days
- Recommended for frizzy, curly or wavy hair
- Tames hair
- Makes hair manageable
- Improve texture and look of hair making it shiny and smooth
- Easy to use
- Gives hair a natural finish
- Lasts for about 6-8 months
Related: Best Japanese Shampoo For Grey Hair
Cure Professional One Step Magic Straight
Best Japanese hair straightening products for wavy hair
I used this hair straightening cream myself and the results were pretty decent. It didn’t make my hair completely straight but rather relaxed my wavy hair and gave it a smooth texture. The end result wasn’t slick straight hair but rather a neat, tamed, and natural hair.
The effect of this hair straightening product can last anywhere between 2-6 months, it depends on your hair type and condition. For me it lasted about 4 months which was not bad at all.
This hair straightening products is formulated with natural oils and extracts to straighten your hair with little to no damage. In fact, it made my hair soft and shiny after I applied it.
How to use?
- Shampoo and towel dry your hair
- Divide your hair into 4 sections
- Use the applicator comb to apply the hair straightening cream straightening at the nape of your neck (do not apply to the roots, start applying it ½ in away from the scalp)
- If you have damaged or chemically treated hair, leave it on for 20-30 minutes. If you have natural, healthy hair leave it on for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain warm water
- Use a high quality straightener and straighten your hair in 1 in sections
- If you have damaged hair straighten your hair at 140-160°C (280-320°F). If you have healthy hair then 160°C (320°F) or higher
- Do not wash or apply any hair products for the next 72 hours. If your hair gets wet, use a high quality straighten and straighten your hair immediately.
- Straightens hair with minimal damage
- Gives hair a natural finish
- Improves texture of hair, makes it lustrous and soft
- Easy to apply
- Can last 2- 6 months
NIGAO Professional Hair Straight Therapy
Best Japanese Hair Straightening Products for Curly Hair
This is my favorite Japanese hair straightening cream. It works great for those with dry, frizzy and curly hair. Once I used NIGAO Professional Hair Straight Therapy my hair was super-easy to manage as well. The formula is pretty strong and the effect lasts for about a year.
It uses Yuko technology to shield your hair with crystal elements to not only straighten your hair but also condition and moisturize it. This improves your hair’s natural strength, shine and smoothness.
The NIGAO Professional Hair Straight Therapy also includes a detoxify boosted mask that moisturizes the hair. This makes it great for dry and damaged hair as it works to improve your hair texture from the roots till the tips. It is formulated with Vitamin E and A. and shea butter. These hair-friendly ingredients moisturize the hair, repair damaged hair, and reduce split ends.
It also protects the hair from damage caused by weather conditions like extreme dryness or humidity. It also protects the hair from sun damage since it’s rich in moisturizing ingredients.
You just need to retouch it every 3-6 months to maintain perfectly straight, silky, smooth hair!
How to use?
- Shampoo you hair and towel dry it
- Apply straightener cream I without touching the roots. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse hair thoroughly with water and towel dry it
- Use a high quality straightener and straighten your hair
- Apply neutralizing cream II evenly and leave it on for 20 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with water
- Apply Detoxify boosted mask and let it sit for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse with water
- Do not color your hair 2 weeks before or after this treatment
- Do not use any hair products, shampoo, heat on your hair for the next 3 days
- Formulated with Yuko technology that uses crystal elements to protect the hair
- Includes detoxify boosted mask formulated with Vitamin E and A and shea butter
- Moisturizes and conditions the hair
- Repairs damaged hair
- Reduces split ends
- Protects hair from sun damage
- Gives smooth, shiny, silky finish
- Lasts for about a year with retouching every 3-6 months
KINUJO Portable Hair Straightener
Best Japanese Hair Straightening Products for travelers
If you’re still not ready for permanent hair straightening then you can always opt for a high-quality hair straightener. I love this Kinujo portable hair straightener cause it’s small and easy to carry along when travelling.
I used to travel a lot before COVID hit and before I had discovered hair straightening cream, this hair straightener was my favorite travel buddy! I can quickly straighten my hair with this and get that sleek, straight, shiny finish everybody loves!
It also comes with a heat resistant plate that you can cover it after using to avoid any accidents. It also has a built in silk plate that keeps the moisture in your hair intact so you can get straight hair without stripping off your hair’s moisture. The maximum temperature on this is 180C. So if you have very thick or curly hair, this might not be your best option. But it works well if you have slightly wavy, frizzy hair.
- Built in silk plate retains moisture in the hair
- Makes hair frizz-free and tames the hair
- Portable, lightweight, travel friendly
- Features a heat resistant cover for safety
Utena Proqualite Hair Straightener
Best Japanese Hair Straightening Products For Dry, Frizzy Hair
Here’s another amazing Japanese hair straightening kit you’ll love! Using this Japanese hair straightening therapy involves three steps. 1st and 2nd creams are applied to the hair to make straight permanently. The third step involves applying collagen hair treatment that adds moisture and shine to your hair. It gives your hair a smooth finish.
It’s the perfect treatment for dry and frizzy hair. You can easily tame all the flyaways and manage your hair with no trouble. It also gives your hair a glossy shine which is lost when your hair is too dry or damaged.
How to use?
- Shampoo your hair and towel dry it
- Apply agent 1 to your hair. Use the comb to distribute the solution throughout the hair. Wait for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water
- Use a blowdryer to dry the hair. Use a flat iron to straighten the hair
- Apply agent 2 and comb your hair to spread it evenly
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse well with warm water
- Apply the hot hair manicure included in the kit and distribute it evenly throughout the hair. Wait for 3-5 minutes
- Rinse well with lukewarm water. Towel dry your hair
- Use a blow dryer and comb your hair straight as you blow dry it
- Easy to use
- Recommended for dry and frizzy hair
- Adds moisture and shine to hair
- Makes hair more manageable
HSI Professional Glider Flat Iron
HSI is one of the best Japanese hair straightening products available in the market. You get a 4 piece set that comes with flat iron, gloves, storing pouch as well as oil. I really love it because it works so well even on the coarsest hair with a lot of frizz. It’s easy to use and brings fast results. It’s the best Japanese straightener.
HSI Glider’s plates are designed with ceramic and tourmaline crystal ion plates to create a shinier and silkier finish. It has a compact size so you can even travel with it and style your hair perfectly, wherever you want.
- Silky and smooth results
- Easy to use and fast
- Works on coarsest hair
- 4 piece set
- Compact size
Yuko Hair Straightening
Yuko Hair Straightening is a professional hair straightening treatment that promises to leave hair silky smooth and frizz-free for months.
The treatment is designed to permanently straighten hair, making it a popular choice for those with curly or frizzy hair.
One of the biggest advantages of Yuko Hair Straightening is its ability to transform even the curliest, most unruly hair into pin-straight locks.
The treatment works by using a unique blend of keratin and other conditioning agents to penetrate the hair shaft, breaking down the bonds that give hair its natural texture.
The hair is then straightened using a special flat iron, locking in the newly straightened texture.
Another benefit of Yuko Hair Straightening is its longevity. Unlike temporary hair straightening treatments that only last a few days, Yuko Hair Straightening can last up to six months, depending on the individual’s hair type and how well they care for their hair.
This means that the treatment is a great investment for those who want to enjoy hassle-free, straight hair for an extended period.
That being said, it’s important to note that Yuko Hair Straightening is a professional treatment that should only be performed by a licensed stylist.
The treatment involves using chemicals that can be damaging if not used correctly. Additionally, the treatment is not recommended for those with severely damaged or over-processed hair, as it can exacerbate existing damage.
Overall, if you’re looking for a long-lasting, professional-grade hair straightening treatment, Yuko Hair Straightening is definitely worth considering.
Just be sure to do your research and find a licensed stylist who has experience with the treatment.
- Permanent straightening
- Long-lasting results
- Suitable for all hair types
Tips to Take Care of Straightened Hair:
- Hair Oil: Get a good hair oil, argan or coconut oil works best on hair. It will keep away your hair frizz and also maintain hair health. Using oil on your hair twice a week is a good idea.
- Serum: Get yuorself a good quality serum as it’s great for taming washed hair to avoid frizz and give you a smooth and silky hair. Apply 2-3 drops of serum after every hair wash and you’ll notice the changes in no time.
- Avoid Rainfall: Don’t go out in rain with your straightened hair as it will ruin the texture and make your hair dirty. Carry an umbrella or wear the hood of the raincoat each time you’re out in the rain.
- Avoid tying a ponytail: Avoid tying your hair into a ponytail as it will ruin hair’s texture and make it wavy or curly from the centre. You can use hair clips instead to tame your hair.
Use boar bristles hair brush: Use nylon boar bristles hair brush to comb your hair which will not break or cause any damage against plastic brushes.
Best Japanese Hair Straightening products: FAQs
How do the Japanese straighten their hair permanently?
Japanese use hair straightening products that contain hair breaking bond elements that keep the hair permanently straight. It’s done by applying the solution to the hair and let it absorb for 30 minutes. Afterward, they rinse it, blowdry it, and use a flat iron to straighten the hair. A neutralizer is applied to lock the moisture in the hair.
Is Japanese hair straightening damaging?
Japanese hair straightening can be damaging because it uses chemicals that break bonds in your hair. This might cause hair damage and hair loss if not done properly.
Is Shiseido hair straightening safe?
Shiseido hair straightening is popular for being one of the safest and permanent hair straightening products in Japan.
How long does Japanese hair straightening last?
Japanese hair straightening usually lasts between 4-6 months or until your natural hair starts to grow back.
Best Japanese Hair Straightening Products
Check out these amazing Japanese hair straightening products for sleek, smooth and straight hair!
Product SKU: 000987YUH789
Product Brand: NIGAO Professional Hair Straight Therapy
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 42.99
Price Valid Until: 2022
Product In-Stock: InStock