The best Japanese body lotions recommended below are for different skin types so you can choose the one that suits your skin type or concern. With consistent use, you’ll notice your skin becoming softer and smoother each day!
What is the difference between the milk, lotion and cream in Japanese skincare?
The different between milk, lotion and cream in Japanese skincare is that milk is formulated with a moderate amount of oil along with many other moisturizing agents. Lotion, on the other hand, is another name for a hydrating toner that can be applied to your face and body. It contains many moisturizing agents and moisturizers the surface of the skin. Creams are formulated with oil and moisturizers and oil. This is a great option for dry skin as it retains moisture. It spreads easily and isn’t too heavy on the skin.
Our Top Picks for Best Japanese Body Lotion
- The NIVEA premium body milk lotion is the best Japanese body lotion for dry skin. – Get it here!
- If you have sensitive skin then Naturie Skin Conditioning Gel is the best Japanese body lotion for you. – – Get it here!
- If you have oily skin then SKIN FOOD Peach Sake Toner is the best Japanese body lotion for you. – Get it here!
Check out more options for your skin type and other skin concerns like mature skin, dull skin, and more!
- 10 Top Japanese Body Lotion
- #1 — NIVEA Premium Body Milk Lotion (NIVEA-Kao) – Best Japanese Body Lotion
- #2 — Yuskin A Body Lotion
- #3 — Naturie Skin Conditioning Gel Hatomugi Moisturizing Body Lotion
- #4 — Curél Moisture Cream Body Lotion
- #5 — Kiku Masamune Sake Body Lotion
- #6 — LITS Shape Moist Body Lotion
- #7 — Asahi Suhada Shizuku Placenta Body Lotion
- #8 — Clé de Peau Beauté Body Lotion
- #9 — Hada Labo Shirojyun Medicated Whitening Toner
- #10 — SKIN FOOD Peach Sake Toner
10 Top Japanese Body Lotion
|Best Japanese Body Lotion||Best For||Price|
|NIVEA Premium Body Milk (NIVEA-Kao) – Best Japanese Body Lotion||Dry Skin||$41.81|
|Yuskin A Japanese Body lotion||Dry Skin||$17.29|
|Naturie Skin Conditioning Gel Hatomugi Moisturizing Gel||Sensitive Skin||$17.98|
|Curél Moisture Cream Jar||Sensitive Skin||$19.39|
|Kiku Masamune Sake Lotion||All Skin Types||$14.49|
|LITS Shape Moist Lotion||Mature Skin||$14.99|
|Asahi Suhada Shizuku Placenta Lotion & Essence Skin Care Moisturizers||Combination Skin||$35.06|
|Clé de Peau Beauté Lotion A||Dull Skin||$71.00|
|Hada Labo Shirojyun Medicated Whitening Toner||Sensitive skin||$13.99|
|SKIN FOOD Peach Sake Toner||Oily Skin Type||$15.00|
#1 — NIVEA Premium Body Milk Lotion (NIVEA-Kao) – Best Japanese Body Lotion
Best Japanese Body Lotion For Dry Skin
NIVEA is one of the premium Japanese skincare lines. The NIVEA premium body milk lotion intensely moisturizes your skin and makes it soft and supple. And it has an excellent aroma that will leave you feeling fresh after application.
The formula is infused with chamomile extracts, marjoram extracts, glyceric, and hyaluronic acid – all of which are known for its skin nourishing and moisturizing properties.
This body lotion is specially recommended for those with dry skin, however, NIVEA lotion is suitable for most skin types. It has a sweet rose fragrance.
- Infused with chamomile extract, marjoram extract, glycerin
- Contains Hyalurinic acid
- Intensely moisturizes skin
- Makes skin soft and supple
- Rose fragrance
- Recommended for dry skin
Related: Pick a Japanese face wash that suits your skin the best to start your skincare routine right!
#2 — Yuskin A Body Lotion
Top Japanese Body Lotion For Dry Skin
Yuskin A cream is formulated with Vitamin E acid ester, dl-camphor, glycyrrhetinic acid, glycerin, and dl-camphor, and hyaluronate sodium. Hyaluronate sodium is known for its moisturising properties. The cream helps soothe and prevent cracks, frostbite, and chaps. It adds moisture and hydrates the skin.
The Yuskin A cream deeply hydrates the face, hand, and body. There are no artificial colors or fragrances added to it.
- Formulated with Vitamin E, glycerin, dl-camphor
- Infused with hyaluronate sodium
- Deeply moisturizes and hydrates skin
- Soothes and prevents cracks, frostbite and chaps
- No artificial color
Related: Here’s the solution thinning hair – Japanese hair growth tonics! Check it out!
#3 — Naturie Skin Conditioning Gel Hatomugi Moisturizing Body Lotion
Best Japanese Body Lotion For Sensitive Skin
Naturie Skin conditioning gel is another of Japan’s best-selling body lotions. It has a jelly-like texture that intensely moisturizes the skin by penetrating the corneal layer of the epidermis.
The moisturizing gel contains natural hatomugi extract that acts as a moisturizing agent. After application, your skin will feel soft and supple to touch.
It is fragrance-free, colorant-free, alcohol-free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic.
- Jelly-like texture
- Formulated with hatomugi extracts
- Intensely moisturizing
- Skin feels soft and supple
- Suitable for sensitive skin
#4 — Curél Moisture Cream Body Lotion
Top Japanese Body Lotion For Sensitive Skin
The Curel moisture body lotion is specially formulated for dry, sensitive skin. It’s a lightweight moisturizer and spreads smoothly on the skin. It gets absorbed instantly into the skin.
The cream is formulated with Ceramide Care Technology to boost the skin’s natural barrier function.
The body lotion has a soothing effect and deeply hydrates the skin protecting it from dryness.
- Gentle, lightweight formula
- Rubs easily into the skin
- Instantly gets absorbed
- Formulated with ceramide Care Technology
- Improves skin’s natural barrier function
- Deeply hydrates skin
- Protects from dryness
#5 — Kiku Masamune Sake Body Lotion
Best Japanese Body Lotion Suitable For All Skin Types
This body lotion by KikuMasamune is formulated with Sake. Sake is an ingredient that’s known for its skin conditioning and moisturizing properties.
It’s an ultra-hydrating lotion that contains kojic acid. The formula is also infused with ceramides, placenta, arbutin, and amino acid that improves the moisturizing effect of the body lotion.
You can use it after having a bath or shower all over your body. This body lotion is suitable for most skin types.
- Formulated with Sake
- Infused with ceramides, kojic acid, placenta, arbutin, and amino acids
- Conditions and moisturizes skin
- Apply after bath/shower
- Suitable for most skin types
#6 — LITS Shape Moist Body Lotion
Best Japanese Body Lotion For Mature Skin
This Japanese body lotion is formulated with three moisturizing agents – Ceramide, Proteoglycan, and Ectoine. These 3 ingredients work together to keep your skin moisturized for a long time.
The body lotion also tightens the skin and shrinks your pores. The body lotion increases your skin moisture level by 30% after application.
If you have dry areas in your skin, apply multiple layers to ensure that it is properly moisturized!
- Formulated with ceramide, Proteoglycan, and Ectoine
- Keeps skin moisturized for a longer time
- Tightens skin
- Shrinks pores
- Increases skin moisture level by 30%
- On particularly dry areas, apply multiple layers
Related: Keep your skin acne-free with these Japanese cleanser for acne-prone skin!
#7 — Asahi Suhada Shizuku Placenta Body Lotion
Best Japanese Body Lotion For Combination Skin
This Japanese body lotion is formulated with 15 moisturizing ingredients. It contains placenta extracts, five types of hyaluronic acid, three types of ceramide.
Two types of collagen, royal jelly, squalene, and coenzymeQ10. The hyaluronic acid and royal jelly ensure your skin is moisturized deeply. The ceramide improves the skin’s natural barrier function.
Collagen and squalene improves the skin’s texture and elasticity. And the coenzyme Q10 acts as an antioxidant.
The body lotion is free of any artificial colors, fragrances, and mineral oils.
- Contains placenta extracts
- Formulated with 5 types of hyaluronic acids and royal jelly
- Infused with three types of ceramides
- Contains collagen and squalene
- Contains Coenzyme Q10
- Deeply moisturizes
- Improves skin’s natural barrier
- Improves skin texture and elasticity
- No artificial colors
- No mineral oils
#8 — Clé de Peau Beauté Body Lotion
Best Japanese Body Lotion For Dull Skin
This Japanese body lotion contains Complex EX that not only moisturizes but also improves skin texture. It prevents the skin from drying as it keeps the skin hydrated for a long long time. It improves skin texture by removing dead skin cells to unveil brighter skin tone.
The formula also removes excess sebum and other impurities. The formula is infused with natural fragrances of rose and rare orchid.
- Contains Complex EX
- Moisturizes skin
- Improves skin texture
- Prevent skin from drying
- Keeps skin hydrated for longer
- Removes dead skin cells
- Improves skin tone
- Removes excess sebum and impurities
- Infused with natural fragrances of rose and rare orchid
Related: Reduce hair loss with these amazing Japanese shampoos for hair loss. Check it out here!
#9 — Hada Labo Shirojyun Medicated Whitening Toner
Top Japanese Body Lotion For Sensitive Skin
Hada Labo is one of the top skin care brands in Japan and its skin care products are loved by many word-wide. This body lotion helps prepare your skin for the rest of your skincare products.
It improves the skin’s absorption capabilities to receive the goodness of the rest of the products.
The body lotion contains no added fragrances, additives or mineral oils. The body lotion contains glycerin, hyaluronic acid, arbutin.
- Formulated with glycerin, hyaluronic acid, arbutin.
- Deeply moisturizes skin
- Prepares skin for other products
- No added fragrances
- No additives
- Free of fragrances
Related: Here are Japanese cleanser’s for oily skin you’ll love!
#10 — SKIN FOOD Peach Sake Toner
Best Japanese Body Lotion For Oily Skin
This lotion is formulated with traditional Japanese Sake that reduces pores and gets rid of excess sebum. It keeps your skin soft and smooth for longer hours.
The formula is rich in Vitamin A and C keeps the excess sebum in check and makes sure your skin feels soft and smooth all day.
The formula also contains skin nourishing ingredients like licorice root, soybean, camomille, and centella asiatica extracts.
- Formulated with traditional Japanese Sake
- Rich in Vitamin A and C
- Contains licorice root and soybean extracts
- Contains Chamomile and centella asiatica extracts
- Shrinks pores
- Controls products of excess sebum
- SKin feels soft and supple
After applying your favorite body lotion, make sure to apply sunscreen before you step out for maximum benefits. Check out the best Japanese sunscreens right here!
Which is the best Japanese skin care brand?
DHC is one of Japan’s best skincare brands. It offers top of the line skincare products. Its DHC cleansing oil is particularly famous for its skin-nourishing properties.
Which is the best Japanese body lotion?
Japanese skincare is popular for its hydrating and moisturizing formula. And of all the body lotions I’ve reviewed, NIVEA Premium Body Milk Lotion scores the best Japanese body lotion.
NIVEA Premium Body Milk Lotion is one of the best Japanese body lotion as it’s packed with moisturizing ingredients like chamomile extracts, marjoram extracts, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid. It costs $41.81 and is definitely worth the price. Although it is best suited for dry skin, NIVEA Premium Body Milk Lotion is good for most skin types as it also soothes cracks and chapped skin.
- Create a seamless palette for your makeup with these best Japanese concealers. Check it out!
- Here are the best cosmetics to get in Japan!
- Brighten your skin using these safe Japanese whitening products!